Friday, May 28, 2010

Field Day

All I can say is what a nightmare!! We started the morning off with the 50 yr dash at about 9:15. I got Hannah on video running her heart out! Around 10:45 the power went out b/c someone hit a pole while mowing down by Toyato and I specifically heard the principal telling a teacher that the plan was instead of going to lunch at 11 like they were supposed to to just keep on going with the events outside until further notice. By this time the kids were hot, sweaty, hungry and just ready for a break! Around 11:15, while at the seed spitting event the lunch lady came out and said that she had to get the hot dogs made b/c they were already at room temperature and she was going to get in trouble for not serving food properly if they didn't get cooked so she started asking people for grills!! Weird, I know, but I could understand where she was coming from. Another lady and I volunteered to run home and get our grills in my truck. When we got back with my grill the principal walked out and said the powers back on!! Go figure! Now it was almost noon and Hannah and I went home to eat lunch. After we got back to the school we did several more events. Everything would have been fine but I think every grade went to the same event at the same time! So at almost every station we had to wait no less than 15 minutes before the kids in our group could go. Everyone was DONE by this time! Hannah was begging to go home and get in the pool. So finally around 2, in the almost 90 degree weather I signed her out and we went home! She only competed in the 50 yr dash, frisbee throw, tug of war and seed spitting contest so the day was very long for us! Next year I don't think I'm going to be hanging out all day! I have a few pics of Hannah that I wanted to put on here but it isn't working so...maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. When Alex and Kayla were in kindergarten they did their field day in a seperate place and it was just the two kindergarten classes. SO much better!! I hate it this way! However once you're out of kindergarten, it's all together. BUT....this year was wierd. Not sure what happened, but in the ten years I've been there, never have there been classes that didn't get to finish their events. Dylan's class ran out of time and didn't get to do the last two events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she had a good time, anyway!

    ReplyDelete