Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly

  • Hannah got to ride the school bus today to the "field trip," which took them to the site of the new high school for the groundbreaing ceremony. She said she was afraid at first but Taylor sat by her and helped her be ok.
  • Ryan and I went to the ceremony and sat out in the direct sun for 45 min before it even started. I starting feeling sick because of the heat so we left.
  • I haven't heard Ryan cough once since I put him in bed.
  • He hates the prednisone and I have to fight with him twice a day to take it. Mixing it in milk or chocolate milk doesn't help. Tomorrow we try applesauce.
  • I'm learning that going to the grocery store for just a few things while pregnant gets you a lot of junk food in the buggy! =)
  • Brad requested meatballs for supper and that's what he got!
  • Let Hannah and Ryan take a shower by themselves so I wouldn't have to do it.
  • Hannah didn't have homework but she had a meltdown while practicing her spelling words because she kept making her 'p' bachwards so I made her write the word over and over.
  • Decided to finally read the book "Bringing up Boys" that I bought when Ryan was a baby. So far I've got to page 14 and I have already learned everything it talks about by living with Ryan.
  • I let Hannah and Ryan sit at their little table in the playroom to eat supper tonight and Ryan said, out of nowhere, "Hannah, I love you." It was the sweetest thing ever.
  • 5 minutes later I had to send them both to their separate rooms because they wouldn't stop fighting.
  • I cleaned out the frig for trash day and clogged up the garbage disposal. Brad was able to unclog it without having to replace the pipes this time. =) But he has done it once too so he wasn't mad at me.
  • I think I write more when I do it this way.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I feel like I was walking with you through your day. :-)
    Them being in love one minute and fighting another minute is hilarious and SO REAL LIFE. :-)
    (My theory: if it's a girl, you crave sweets; if it's a boy, you crave healthier, saltier stuff. A cart full of junk food makes me think it's a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too!!! And Jessica...you're theory on the cravings...hmmmm....you could be on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, first the cravings thing.....I craved it all! FEED ME!!! FEED ME!!! The results you know!

    Liz, I absolutely cracked up with the separation of the kids to their rooms point AND clogging up the garbage disposal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy! I had a taste of the huggy-kissy stuff followed by the get-away-from-me stuff the past couple of days with the grandkiddos. Of course, I'm not so senile that I don't remember it with my own 4 kids, but the grandkids' episode is more recent.

    I have to agree with your mother. I ate just about everything! I remember buying cans of turnip greens and taking them home, opening the cans, and eating the greens straight out of the can. I don't know why I craved them but I didn't like them before that pregnancy and haven't been too fond of them since. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete