Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The things they learn...

I am always very quick to say that I can't teach Ryan anything. Today I said that and then was thinking about what he has, in fact, learned. His most recent accomplishment has been drawing stick people. Until this week we were just potato-looking heads with arms and legs everywhere. Sound familiar, mom?! Seems that type of person is quite normal, in my family, anyway! =) If you look at the picture he was so proud of today, you should be able to figure out with person is me. And daddy is the only one with hair....

So just to give Ryan some credit for learning a few things, however, not his letters or the ABC song, I have come up with a short list:

  • Ryan is an exceptionally good rollerblader.
  • He has mastered just about everything about the wii.
  • He showed me last night that he can swallow corn without even chewing it (once again, sound familiar mom?!) This boy really is my son!!
  • He can do a pretty mean front flip on the trampoline.
  • Whenever he sees any sign, he is quick to tell me which letters are in his name. If only I could get him to write it!

I could probably go on but I have other things to do!

3 comments:

  1. That funny you posted about Ryan because Kara mentioned him just today. She usually never shuts up about Hannah, but today it was Ryan. She said, "My cousin Ryan can do a flip. He can jump in the air and do a whole flip. He is cool. He is so cool."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Liz, I think The Bear and Ryan are related! Not only did my son not like paper and ink, he wasn't really fond of crayons or markers either. The first package of crayons he got probably still have tips as sharp as the day we bought them. Or maybe his sister, Lisa, took them. She still likes to color!

    These boys have their own talents. Mine had the distinct ability to mimic movements like a robot, a talent that was brought to my attention by the taekwondo teacher in the homeschool co-op when our boy was 8 years old. The teacher asked our permission to enter him into a tournament. We consented and The Bear won first place trophies. The rest they say, is history.

    I have to admit that I spend half my time asking, "Whose kid is this?" and the other half looking in the mirror and saying, "This is definitely my kid." :)

    I guess the world would be pretty boring if God made us all alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is so cool! AND it is GREAT that you thought to take a picture of it! It needs to go into a scrapbook of Abigails!

    ReplyDelete