Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm back!

We've been having lots of problems with our laptop as of late (not even 2 yrs old). The monitor was giving us fits so we had been hooking it up to our desktop monitor and using it that way off and on for months and then one day that stopped working too. Brad refused to pay someone to just look at it so I suffered thru using my phone and the 6 yr old desktop computer, neither of which would let me blog, for weeks until he found someone who would tell him what they thought was wrong for free and only charge us to fix it. (there are still people like that out there!) Turns out a wire inside that hooks the monitor to the rest of the computer was cut in half and it could be fixed but would probably just do it again within a year or two. The guy said it is common with hp's because of the way they wire things inside. So instead of fixing it we broke down and bought a new laptop. Dell, same as our ancient desktop that has been very good to us since we bought it back in 04 or 05. Not as nice as the almost $800 laptop we had but hopefully it will do the trick. I had forgot how blessed I was to have a laptop while I was without. I couldn't do anything with my pictures, videos, blog, I could hardly fb! I'm thankful to be back! =)

4 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back, too! My problem wasn't with my computer like yours but we were away and I couldn't get to blogs from my phone.

    I know your post isn't about the baby, but I'll take the opportunity to say congratulations now anyway. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete