Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finding beauty in the simple things

I am a naturalist, indeed. Being outside, surrounded by our marvelous God's handywork, just fills my soul with joy. Here are a few simple pictures I took recently.


Brad and I often drive out through the country when we don't have anything better to do. Actually, I think we should make time for it more often. Most of the roads we revisit are ones that bring back lots of memories from our early years together. Places where we used to fish, cows we used to stop and pet and many, many 4 wheeler trips taken on these back roads. These deer and just a few of many we saw that evening.



Rocks at Babcock State Park



I was trying to capture the leaves covering the road and the path being untouched



Who doesn't love flowers?!


My favorite. The Mill at Babcock State Park. The kids were upset when they found out we came here without them. They love this type of thing as much as Brad and I.

I think if we would all look more closely, we would be surprised how much beauty is in the simple things. =)

1 comment: