Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring cleaning

First of all, I love the new way photos are uploaded!! Now I just need to know how to turn my pictures the right side up.

I got the bright idea last week to clean and organize the pantry. I'm not sure what possessed me to do that but this picture might give you a clue. It was a disaster! Five people can collect a lot. This closet is where we hang our coats (at least 2 per person), lunch boxes, aldi bags, canned foods, appliances that don't have a spot in the kitchen, a small feezer, the hot water tank and so much more.



This is after. I was able to finish the first part of this organization the same day but I wanted to try something I saw on pinterest using one of those cheap plastic over the door shoe holders to get all the little snacks and things off the shelves.


It took me a week to find one but once I did, I hung over the inside of the folding door and I like the way it organizes our powder mixes and snacks.



Today, seeing the sun for the first time in along time inspired me to do a lot of other cleaning. One of them being scrubbing our nasty kitchen floor! It didn't take long after installing tile for me to realize that I hate tile!! It always looks so dirty. I do believe this is the first time it has been really scrubbed and I hope the following pictures do justice to how gross they were before and how white they are now!!





I also gave the dogs a bath, scrubbed down the walls in the laundry room (where they sleep), mopped the floors in the play room (where the dogs enter and exit after using the bathroom)and did a couple loads of laundry. I say that is a productive day!

I already know Brad will be working very late. He has something to fix on an elevator that can't be turned off until after hours (8pm) so it is going to be a long night for him. So after the kids get in bed, I am going to spend a couple hours working on my bible club lesson for Wed. I'll doing the computer part (making my power point presentation and my bible cards that I pass out with every lesson). Basically, they are a baseball sized card with a picture and title on the front and a description of the lesson on the back. They have several baseball card sheets in a notebook and by the time we get thru the bible, they are going to have lots of these cards but I hope they can be helpful to them one day.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty new pantry! And those floors are miraculous. I've never been a fan of tile either, which is why I have as little of it as possible in my house. (Only in upstairs bathrooms.) How did you get the grout so white?? It's like brand new!

    ReplyDelete