Tuesday, June 24, 2014

summer

We have been in NC a week now. That is one step closer to our goal! Things are going well with the house. We've had all inspections and everything is in the works. Closing is scheduled for July 25. I like to think we will be able to get in right away but a water softener has to be added so while we can go to the house, I don't think we will be able to stay there right away. Brad is still staying in the hotel close to work since mom's house would be well over an hour commute for him. We are all pretty much tired of that! Then I think of all the military families I know who spend sometimes a year at a time away from a spouse and wonder what I'm complaining about!
Anyway, while we are stuck waiting, we are enjoying the things of summer. I have been letting the kids stay up until 10 so I have been enjoying sleeping in. There have been a couple mornings I didn't wake IP until 9!! So nice for a change. Usually when we visit grandma it is a vacation for me. She has the meals planned for the weekend, spends every minute with the kids and I relax. Since we live here for the time bring, I'm trying to be more mindful of her time and space. after all, she does have other things to do! So I buy.our own groceries, cook our food, do our laundry and so on. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to eat anything of theirs but you know what mean!
We have been going to the free kids movies, eating lots of ice cream, catching lightning bugs, swimming and making them read, practice multiplication tables and states/capitals.
So far, so fun!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I've been enjoying the pictures on Facebook. So glad to hear you are so close to your goal. :-)

    ReplyDelete