We have been in NC a week now. That is one step closer to our goal! Things are going well with the house. We've had all inspections and everything is in the works. Closing is scheduled for July 25. I like to think we will be able to get in right away but a water softener has to be added so while we can go to the house, I don't think we will be able to stay there right away. Brad is still staying in the hotel close to work since mom's house would be well over an hour commute for him. We are all pretty much tired of that! Then I think of all the military families I know who spend sometimes a year at a time away from a spouse and wonder what I'm complaining about!
Anyway, while we are stuck waiting, we are enjoying the things of summer. I have been letting the kids stay up until 10 so I have been enjoying sleeping in. There have been a couple mornings I didn't wake IP until 9!! So nice for a change. Usually when we visit grandma it is a vacation for me. She has the meals planned for the weekend, spends every minute with the kids and I relax. Since we live here for the time bring, I'm trying to be more mindful of her time and space. after all, she does have other things to do! So I buy.our own groceries, cook our food, do our laundry and so on. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to eat anything of theirs but you know what mean!
We have been going to the free kids movies, eating lots of ice cream, catching lightning bugs, swimming and making them read, practice multiplication tables and states/capitals.
So far, so fun!
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Thursday, May 15, 2014
One year later
It has been one whole, very long, year since Brad first told me he wanted to seriously consider moving to NC. We had talked about it many a time before but this time he was serious. My first thought...this is a bad idea. But, per his request, I spent a lot of time in prayer asking God to show us what He wants us to do. You know, to this day, I still don't know what God wants us to do. We basically just decided to take a leap of faith and see what happens. So it took us a couple months to get the house ready to sell, it took us four months to get an offer and it has taken another 6 months (and counting) to find a house in NC. Every day I ask myself, and God, if we are doing the right thing.
And then I look at the way He has worked things out on Brad's end. Brad's boss up here moved to NC to take over an elevator company down there. Around that same time, mom and dad went to NC. Brad's boss offered Brad a job in NC from day 1. We talked about it more than once but didn't think we should. I'm not sure what suddenly made Brad serious about going but, of course, his boss was happy to hear that he wanted to! Brad's new boss up here....not so much. He asked Brad straight up, "What can I give you to make you stay here?" Nothing. So in March, Brad went down to work for him again. They are paying for his hotel, he was able to take his work truck from here and he has already been told that hopefully within a year or two, he will be supervising a crew instead of working on the crew. That is what Brad has always wanted. So on one hand I feel like God is in this move. I'm just having a hard time trusting Him right now. I feel like time is running out!
So my next decision is go to NC and stay with mom and dad when school ends (June 11) or stay here? I think going is the best choice. The only thing that has me second guessing myself is the dogs. Mom doesn't want them in the house, I can't say I blame her. I have enjoyed not cleaning their hair while we have been in grandma's. But that doesn't mean I want them banned to the dungeon, I mean basement. I'm running out of time to decide!
Thanks for listening. =)
And then I look at the way He has worked things out on Brad's end. Brad's boss up here moved to NC to take over an elevator company down there. Around that same time, mom and dad went to NC. Brad's boss offered Brad a job in NC from day 1. We talked about it more than once but didn't think we should. I'm not sure what suddenly made Brad serious about going but, of course, his boss was happy to hear that he wanted to! Brad's new boss up here....not so much. He asked Brad straight up, "What can I give you to make you stay here?" Nothing. So in March, Brad went down to work for him again. They are paying for his hotel, he was able to take his work truck from here and he has already been told that hopefully within a year or two, he will be supervising a crew instead of working on the crew. That is what Brad has always wanted. So on one hand I feel like God is in this move. I'm just having a hard time trusting Him right now. I feel like time is running out!
So my next decision is go to NC and stay with mom and dad when school ends (June 11) or stay here? I think going is the best choice. The only thing that has me second guessing myself is the dogs. Mom doesn't want them in the house, I can't say I blame her. I have enjoyed not cleaning their hair while we have been in grandma's. But that doesn't mean I want them banned to the dungeon, I mean basement. I'm running out of time to decide!
Thanks for listening. =)
Monday, April 28, 2014
I'll just keep trusting the Lord
I really don't have anything exciting to say. I just don't want you to think I'm dead or anything. Altho, if you have been on fb in the past hour you would know that I'm alive and well, however tired.
Things are going nowhere quick in the world of house hunting. I'm going down to look at yet another house tomorrow. I just hope I get to see it before being told it is under contract this time. The first house we were excited to put an offer on is back on the market. As we suspected, it was bought by a flipper. They probably did a few minor things like replaced the carpet and are asking about $30k more for it. The house that we did manage to put an offer on, that is a short sale, the bank decided to list it on some website for over $200k after telling us it wouldn't even appraise for what we were offering them, 50K less. Even tho they were originally only asking $165k. I just don't understand some things.
In good news, the kids have about 30 school days left. We are all counting down now. We plan to go to NC when they are free, whether we have a house or not. I'm really going to miss grandma when we move, but I won't miss living with her. And I'm sure she feels the same way.
We had a big fiasco with a bunch of meds RYan needs and the insurance company. We left the dr office with 4 prescriptions to have filled and after being told I would have to spend over $300 on them, and several hours of calling back and forth, we only got one. That was his regular inhaler that we really must have. He is having really bad allergies this spring. We can't figure out if it is just something in grandma's house or the spring time pollen and such. We also can't figure out if that is what is causing his reactive airways disease to "react" so much more than normal. Of course, since coming home, I feel like he is improved drastically and it is all in my head. She wants me to keep a log of all the time I have to use his inhaler for the next month and I've only got one so far! I should be glad for that. She also decided to prescribe Nasacort since we didn't get the prescription nasal spray she wanted us to use. He said it is helping. Anyway, we will see how it goes the next month.
Things are going nowhere quick in the world of house hunting. I'm going down to look at yet another house tomorrow. I just hope I get to see it before being told it is under contract this time. The first house we were excited to put an offer on is back on the market. As we suspected, it was bought by a flipper. They probably did a few minor things like replaced the carpet and are asking about $30k more for it. The house that we did manage to put an offer on, that is a short sale, the bank decided to list it on some website for over $200k after telling us it wouldn't even appraise for what we were offering them, 50K less. Even tho they were originally only asking $165k. I just don't understand some things.
In good news, the kids have about 30 school days left. We are all counting down now. We plan to go to NC when they are free, whether we have a house or not. I'm really going to miss grandma when we move, but I won't miss living with her. And I'm sure she feels the same way.
We had a big fiasco with a bunch of meds RYan needs and the insurance company. We left the dr office with 4 prescriptions to have filled and after being told I would have to spend over $300 on them, and several hours of calling back and forth, we only got one. That was his regular inhaler that we really must have. He is having really bad allergies this spring. We can't figure out if it is just something in grandma's house or the spring time pollen and such. We also can't figure out if that is what is causing his reactive airways disease to "react" so much more than normal. Of course, since coming home, I feel like he is improved drastically and it is all in my head. She wants me to keep a log of all the time I have to use his inhaler for the next month and I've only got one so far! I should be glad for that. She also decided to prescribe Nasacort since we didn't get the prescription nasal spray she wanted us to use. He said it is helping. Anyway, we will see how it goes the next month.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)