Thursday, April 16, 2009

6 miles.....5 hours later......

Today has been a long day. We went to the zoo. I forget how long those days are. We go to the zoo every year (usually Columbus) and at the end of the day I am always saying that I am so glad it is over!! That is about all we did today. Stopped at McDonalds on the way home and then gave the kids baths, ate some ice cream, Hannah played a couple games with grandma and then it was bedtime at 7 o'clock sharp!! It seems like we do more walking than it is worth at the zoo. Several exhibits were closed and a lot of the animals were sleeping or hiding out somewhere we couldn't see. And we seriously walked 6 miles from beginning to end and back, taking turns pushing the double stroller. But it was a good family day. Ryan doesn't do well in crowded areas! He was constantly running ahead, not looking where he was going, stuff like that. Hannah wanted to ride in the stroller the whole time excpet to get out at the different enclosures. Ryan wanted to walk most of the time. So I am headed home tomorrow. I am nervous about the drive because I've never done it myself. I am sure it will be fine though.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you guys have had a good time! I'll be praying for safe travel back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip home!!!! We missed ya!

    ReplyDelete