Wednesday, April 15, 2009

another day in NC

Today was the first day since I've been here that we didn't get up early and rush around in order to leave and go somewhere. That was nice for a change. Ryan and I actually slept until about 8 but it wasn't as nice as it sounds because he was up several times during the night coughing uncontrollably. The poor guy just can't beat this stuff. He was sick earlier in the week last week before we came to NC and then it got better in time for spring break and now it is back! But he only coughs bad during the night. Anyways, so we just hung out this morning and took our time getting showers. Then we decided to go try out the park that a lady from the church was telling mom about. Apparently it is the only one around here. Which is surprising to me with as much other stuff as they have so close. It was only about 15 minutes away. It was really nice. There is a big lake right by it with a few docks you can go out on and sidewalks around some of it. The playground equipment was very nice and like none I had ever seen. We were only there about an hour and then came home for lunch and naps. I found a tick on me too. SO now I have been feeling like I have bugs all over me and I have been running my hands thru my hair looking for more! Then we went back outside for awhile and then came in and ate dinner. Now we are waiting for church. It doesn't start until 7:30 tonight and it is Lord's Supper. I jokingly asked dad if they were having open communion so I can participate. Then he showed me the wine they use. Just the smell made me want to gag!! So I don't want to be involved anymore. I was going to go home tomorrow. I am starting to get a little home sick for my hubby and my bed! And home in general. Today is his brithday. We called him and sang Happy Birthday on speaker phone this morning. I think he really liked it. We are supposed to have nice weather tomorrow so we are going to go to the zoo. It is about an hour away from here. Then I will leave on Fri. It is nice to be able to sdecide things last minute and to not really have to be home for anything at any certain time. Well, guess I will go now. See what Ryan is doing. Oh yeah, I put pics on facebook too mostly of our trip to SciWorks earlier in the week. Go check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment