Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stupid Computer!!

I think our computer is finally on it's last leg! But we have gotten lots of good use out of it so I can't complain too much. It is the computer Brad and I bought after we got married. Not right after but you know what I mean, it's been a long time! We've been looking at laptops and are going to have to buy one soon. Until then, sometimes I can get on the computer, sometimes I can't.
The weather today has been horrible. I don't think it has quit raining. We were up early this morning, like always. Ryan woke up at 6:30 but Brad made him stay in bed. He did eventually fall back asleep, until 7:30. I have been wanting to go to a Hobby Lobby that opened uo by the mall so we decided to make a morning of it. We did a little shopping, ate at Logans (for the bread!!) and got a few things at Walmart then headed home. Ryan started running a fever while we were out. You could tell he just didn't feel good. I am sure he caught whatever Hannah had. She is better, BTW. He kept saying he was going to throw up while we were in walmart. We had just got done eating lunch so I knew it would be a juicy one if he did! I got a big baggie from one of their cleaning stations and told him if he needed to throw up he had to do it in there! He never did. We had to take a potty break towards the end of the trip and when Hannah and I went into the bathroom there was a mom holding her screaming son. He was soaking wet and red all over. He was around Ryan's age. Everyone kept walking by looking at her but no one offered her any help so after Hannah came out of the stall and was ready to wash her hands I asked the mom if she needed help with anything. She said that he had sprayed LYSOL in his eyes and she was trying to flush them out. I asked her if she had called the number on the can and she said she did. I guess they told her to flush them out for like 20 minutes. Try doing that with a screaming 2 yr old in a walmart bathroom!! She asked me if I could hold his legs. She had him laying on the little ledge above the sinks and was using his sippy cup to get water and dump it in his eyes. She also said she is a nurse so I felt a little better. She was sooooo calm. I would have been crying like crazy if that was my son!! I was tearing up while I was standing there holding his little legs, listening to him scream and seeing how big and swollen his eyes were. By this time there were like 3 walmart people in there staring at us and hannah was standing there seeing all this so I asked one of the ladies if they could hold his legs so Hannah and I could go. I felt bad leaving but Brad and Ryan were waiting on us and I knew Ryan wasn't feeling good. I was a little shaken up after that. The poor guy. Anyway, so we went home and hung out for the rest of the evening. I had to go up to the church to make copies for SS and do some last minute stuff but other than that, we didn't do much this evening. Now I am about ready for bed. Thanks for listening and say a prayer for that little boy. I bet his eyes are going to be hurting for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that poor kid!!! Glad you got out of the house today. I would've went bananas if I'd stayed her all day. We went out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear Ryan is not feeling well now. :( When you said it "would have been a juicy one", I cracked up laughing. Kara's juiciest was on the way home from your mom's - was that Christmas? I remember is was really warm, but it was a fluke and supposed to be winter.....Anyway, she just kept throwing up more and more - I had no idea so much could fit inside that little body. Needless to say, we had the car detailed the NEXT day. Poor babies.....We'll be praying for you guys. I've been waiting to hear that Hannah was better. And if she ever lost her tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW! Poor little kid! Glad his mom was a nurse!
    Hope Ryan feels better soon! Maybe it is a fluke and he won't have what Hannah had! :) We will pray to that end, anyway!
    Thanks for lending a hand to the lady in the bathroom. You helped Jesus when you helped her!

    ReplyDelete