Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday, Monday....

Today I took Ryan to the dr for his coughing. Instead of getting the nebulizer like all the other times, the dr decided we should get an inhaler. That way we can have it on hand whenever we need it. So....Ryan and I did a few things and then went to the pharmacy to get all the meds. They gave me the antibiotic but said the ins wasn't wanting to pay for the inhaler so they were sending more paperwork to the dr to be filled out to get more info about it. They wanted me to call them in the evening to see what they found out. So I was instantly irritated that we pay sooooo much for our ins every month and they refuse to pay for everything possible! For those of you who have heard this already today, SORRY!! =) I was just fed up so, of course, I cried all the way home b/c my son needs these meds and the ins won't pay for them. But there are tons of people out there who chose not to work and get everything handed to them. The pharmacy couldn't tell me how much it would cost me just to pay it so I was thinking like hundreds of dollars! Then I talked to my lovely sister who made me feel better. I called the pharmacy back at 2 and they hadn't heard anything from the ins. Called back again at 5 and it still hadn't been approved! While the lady was trying to get me a price because I had to have the inhaler no matter what, she said they were getting a fax from the dr for a cheaper prescription so she told me to call her back in like half an hour. Ughhh! So I called back later and guess how much the stuff was going to cost us without ins?!?!?!?! $27!!!!!!!!! All that mess over that little money! Would it have hurt for the ins to pay that? I just don't get it. So I was pretty worked up and angry with the ins company over very little! It took us awhile to figure out what we were supposed to do with it. But Ryan did it pretty well so I think this inhaler will be a lot better than the nebulizer! That's all for now!

3 comments:

  1. What a mess! Insurance is such a strange thing and is super complicated - I don't pretend to understand. It sounds like it's time for a new pharmacy - they should have been more helpful and let you just spend your own $27. And they should have suggested the generic brand right away. What a frustrating day. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get the inhaler! Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I am so thankful for our insurance, especially through the last year and all of the tests I have had. We have not had to pay anything, knock on wood, for any of the tests that have been run. And we found out the baby appts and birth will only cost us $350. So sometimes, when they are doing what they are supposed to, it is very beneficial. However, when they are not giving the meds that are needed, it is soooo aggravating! I am just glad my little buddy got his meds so he can start to feel better!

    ReplyDelete