Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Another day gone by

Today has been a long day. Before 10 am I had already done some laundry and played lots of things with Ryan and he was begging me to fix lunch. I tried holding him off as long as I could but finally around 10:45 I gave in. Honestly I was hungry too! Usually after lunch, the rest of the day goes by pretty fast. We take naps, go get Hannah, eat a snack and go thru Hannah's folder and then the kids play until supper and then it is bedtime shortly thereafter.

I love receiving mail on days like today! I got all the papers for the beach house we rented. Only 3 months to go! Mom, I need to know what the make of your car is. I'm assuming you'll be taking dad's but I can't remember what it is. (We don't have room in our truck for aboth of you so you better take dad's! ) =) We have to get passes and pay $3 a day for each car. I also received a movie that I bought off ebay for Ryan. It isn't a "fun" movie. It is one that is supposed to teach kids there letters in like a month, and sometimes 2 weeks. I'm sure he'll be a one-monther (at least)! I have tried and tried and tried different ways to teach him his letters but he just isn't getting it. So I thought we'd try this way. I'll let you know how it goes. We put it in after we got home with Hannah but we only made it to J before he said he didn't want to watch it anymore. It certainly isn't very entertaining!

Which brings me to my next point.....Hannah broke her "green at school" streak by getting blue today. Her teacher said she didn't follow directions all day. I didn't get mad at her because, let's face it, how many kids can say they got green for a whole month!?! But I did make sure she knew that it wasn't acceptable and I expect her to listen to her teacher. I can't figure out what sets her off. So she doesn't get to watch tv or play on the computer today.

Tonight is church.

Oh yeah, and today is the 7th anniversary of my grandpa's death. Most of you who read this already have read that more than once today but I can't leave him out! He was the best grandpa a girl could ever want. I have so many fond memories of him and I often wonder if he can look down and see what I've become today and the great grandkids that are missing out on him. I have learned so many things from him since his death! I wish there were more people like him on this earth. One day we'll all be together again, worshipping our Maker for eternity.

1 comment:

  1. What a precious post, Liz, that brought tears to my eyes.....for about the 100th time today, lol! I certainly think Grandpa Brandenburg sees how great his grandkids and great grandkids are! I love you!

    ReplyDelete