Saturday, March 6, 2010

irritated...

Ok, so you all know Brad has been working out of town since Tuesday. He got home late last night. We were all in bed already. He is on call this weekend and, of course, he just got called out! It is so irritating. The kids and I haven't seen him in like what seems like forever and he's going to work again. I am so afraid that 10 yrs down the road we are both going to regret that he is spending so much time at work while the kids are young. But what can you do? I am thankful he has a job (as I've said tons of times before) but enough is enough already!! Sometimes I wonder if it would be better if he didn't even have a job! Or at least one that isn't so demanding. That's all. I just wanted to get that off my chest. I guess the kids and I are going to get dressed and find something to do today....by ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. :-( If it makes you feel better, I feel like you kept that in a lot longer than I would have! Hopefully it will be over soon. I'm sure he's sick of traveling, eating at McDonalds, and missing his kids too. Not to mention his lovely wife! Are there many jobs near you he could do if it came down to switching jobs??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, just be patient! Make sure the time you spend together is quality, family time! And remember, if God leads you to it, He'll help you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! You always encourage me. Jess, Brad almost went to work for the union and they told him up front he would be traveling. I think there is only a handful (if that many) of non-union elevator companies and I think Brad's is pretty close to the top in terms of pay and stuff like that. Switching jobs is almost out of the question (unless that's what God wants)but we've been down that road before and it wouldn't be worth it and traveling would be part of any job I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely and totally know what you mean!!! Felt like a single parent a lot! I've said it before. And then on top of all the work he did, he bought that stupid second house to "flip"!!! We still have it by the way...two years later!!! VERY sore subject! Time, money, etc!!!

    ReplyDelete