Monday, March 8, 2010

my new flowerbeds






By looking at these pictures, it doesn't look like I did that much but I worked hard and long on these flowerbeds today! With some help from Ryan, of course! I forgot to take a before shot of the big flowerbed but it is like the first pic of the smaller bed on the right side of the porch only the landscaping timbers were about 3x as long and 2 high. I had to remove all those timbers, take them out back to the burn pile, loosen up all the dirt with a hoe and remove a huge root system that was growing throughout the top layer of mulch. In the process I killed several flowers (if you look closely in the long bed you should be able to see my tulips blooming). I put down the edging and everything. I think it looks pretty good. I can't wait for Brad to get home tomorrow and see it. Now I just need some pretty flowers to put in there. That will be the hard part for me.
I had to get Hannah from school around 10am. They called and said she had a fever (99.1-big whoop!) and didn't feel well. It didn't take long for me to see that there wasn't a thing wrong with her. So we had a long talk about how she can't just come home for no reason so in the future if she comes home, there will be no playing outside or anything. I kinda let it slide today but she got her warning! I'll have to ask the teacher if I have to come get her for instances like today, in the future.
Tomorrow is supposed to be even better! I need to get some work done in the house before we head out tho. I'm trying to think of something fun to do with the kids. Maybe we'll just spend the evening at the park. I wish we had awesome parks like the ones we used to go to when we were little!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Great job! I am so impressed. I am no good at working outside. I can't believe your tulips are blooming! We still have snow piles everywhere from those two storms last month. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The school thinks a fever is anything that is not 98.6, which is NOT true!!!! Ridiculous! If she says she doesn't feel good, they'll take her temp. I've learned that a fever is not really a fever unless it's 100. Your temp flucuates throughout the day. 98.6 is the AVERAGE, not the "norm". I wish the school would learn that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Stephanie! Michael, your brother, was one of the hot kids, lol!

    Nice job on the flower beds! How much and where on the black border you put up? I was thinking of putting the timber down, but I'm thinking of going with what you got now.

    I wish we had the parks from OH around here, too! They were GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work already sis! I am not sure what we are going to do with our two big flower beds this spring/summer. Crash loved laying right in the flowerbed last summer so all of the hostas I bought and planted didn't last very long! I dont really enjoy the outside work either, Jessica, so I am ok with having not much of anything! Except cut grass and MIchael gets the job of poop scopping this summer since we have two dogs. Right now he is excited about it....we'll see how long that lasts! :)

    ReplyDelete