Saturday, May 22, 2010

weekend

Ryan's new snuggie. It's way too big but he likes it!


Hannah and Papaw, Brad's step dad, bowling. I don't know what makes papaw's so special but the kids love him!

Ryan was trying so hard to bowl just like daddy. He actually did pretty well!


getting advice from the pro








The kids spent the night at mamaw's last night and even tho Brad was on call for work, we decided to get out of the house and do something. I just had to risk going on a call with him. That has only happened once, I was pregnant with Hannah. Anyway, we grabbed a bite to eat for supper and did some shopping. Well, not real shopping. Just looking at things and price shopping. We are thinking about fencing in our yard since we decided not to move. It was an exceptionally good evening. We went in Staples to look for some laminate, which is way too expensive, but I did see a boys snuggie for $4.50 that I wanted to buy for Ryan. He had Hannah's robe on one day and it was so cute so I knew I had to find him something. When we went to check out it rang up as $0.50!! I couldn't believe it. So I decided to buy the rest of them. there were 3 blue ones and 3 pink ones. All the blue ones were 50 cents but the pink ones rang up $4.50 so we didn't buy them. But when Ryan went to bed last night he wanted to wear it so he did. It's way too big right now so it's like a blanket.



So this morning we got to sleep in. Usually we still can't sleep past seven, even when the kids aren't here. So we both woke up around 7 and then went back to sleep for awhile. Next time I woke up it was almost 9 and Brad was already up. It felt good to just kinda do what I want. So I took a shower and when I got out Brad had made me some breakfast. =) It was only a can of cinniman rolls but was very thoughtful and good. He went after the kids not long after that. I had to go to the church and work on my bulletin board in my SS room. I'm starting a new series and wanted to do the board to match. I've honestly never done it before. I think it turned out pretty good. I wish I had thought to take a pic and put on here. I called Brad at almost 11 to see if he was home with the kids yet and he said they were just getting ready to eat pancakes so it would be awhile. After I finished my bulletin board, I started looking through the closet and decided it was way overdue for cleaning and organization. When I finally left the church it was about 1:30!! I couldn't believe it. I spent like 4 hours up there and didn't even feel like 2 hours! That's my kind of cleaning/organizing!! The kids were eating lunch when I got home and then we made them take a nap and I did some cleaning around the house and then we went bowling with Brad's mom, step dad, younger brother and his wife. I was nervous about the kids and if they would enjoy it or if I'd just be chasing Ryan around the whole night. They had a good time. Ryan loved it! And that's all folks!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Snuggies for 0.50!!!! That's CRAZY!!! It feels so good to get a good deal, doesn't it? I noticed the bulletin board today and when I opened the cabinet I said, "Hannah I think your mommy has cleaned out this thing and organized it!" It looked great. I was afraid to touch anything!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this snuggie that you bot. Does that mean the ones I was going to knit for the kids for Christmas is a no-no now? If so, I'll have to think of something else to do with all the yarn I bought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, I cleaned out a lot of stuff in that closet! And I'm tired of my stuff that I buy coming up missing!
    Mom, I would say no go on the knitted snuggie! I didn't think Ryan would love it like he has! It's huge but he always wants to wear it. Sorry I took your project. You could knit him a vest but make it cute and not for Christmas b/c he won't be excited for it but I would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget that I said I already have yarn.....khaki browns and greens. I'll try to figure something out, I guess.

    ReplyDelete