Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yes or No?!

The mail ruined my day today. Or maybe the rest of my year. Or even the rest of my life! Most of you know that Brad and I have been talking about switching our insurance back to a better plan in July so we can have a baby and not pay $25oo deductible plus 20% of everything else. I got a statement from the ins about our claims so far this year and at the top it says our plan year is from 01-01-10 to 12-31-10 which means we can't change our ins for 7 more months!! I was getting so excited about having another baby. I know so many people who are preg or just had babies recently and it makes me want another even more. Even tho Brad never came out and said "let's have another baby" I was pretty sure it would happen b/c we talk about it and make plans all the time (like who's room baby will sleep in, names, stuff like that). I really thought God was saying yes when Brad went from "no way do I want another baby" to "maybe." But now I don't know what God is saying. I know one thing, I certainly don't want to wait until next year. I'm not getting any younger. I don't want the kids still home when I'm in my 50's! Now I am thinking what if I don't have another baby. I'm soooo sad thinking about that. God had totally given me peace about the situation back when Brad was not that serious about it. Now I'm not feeling so peaceful anymore. I just wish I knew what the answer was. I know God has a plan and sometimes we don't understand and he always answers pray but doesn't always answer yes. I know all those things but I don't know what the outcome of this is going to be and it's killing me. Let the praying begin!

5 comments:

  1. Okay I'm going to throw in my two cents here. I know money is an issue. Money is ALWAYS an issue, but....there is never "the perfect time" to have a baby. If it's not one thing it's ten. If everyone waited till the time was "right" for whatever reason...there wouldn't be the continuance of the human race! LOL Tim has a friend who wanted to wait till this was paid off and that was paid off and first one thing then another. He was thirty seven when they finally had ONE!!! I suspect that will be their only.
    Things were tight on us when the kids were little, but not having anymore was never an option. I mean if we were on welfare we wouldn't have, but you know what I mean!!! It works out. When we had a six month old on formula, we would think, okay six more months and we'll have an extra $100 month when we're not buying that anymore. But we never had "extra". It always went somewhere. Bottom line is, the Lord provided the money when we needed it and that was that. That's what I used to have tell Tim...it was there when we needed it, now the Lord says it's going somewhere else or we don't need it anymore. We didn't eat out, I clipped coupons, shopped at consignment sales and we did fine.
    The moral of this story is....the Lord provides. That's me sticking my nose in where it probably doesn't belong, but....take it for what it's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph! All those things you just said are all the arguments I gave Brad when we were fisrt talking about it. I know he has a lot on his shoulders with having to provide for all us but I think he has an issue with giving it up to the Lord. He knows the Lord always provides but he doesn't want to believe it or something. I don't really know what the deal is. We haven't talked much about the new situation of not being able to change our ins until the end of the year so I don't know what's going to come of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand why you can't change insurance. Would the "new" insurance be with the same company and they just won't allow it?
    Other than that, I agree with Stephanie, and as you know, the LORD will always provide! If He takes you to it, He will take you through it! If Brad is struggling with the issue, the LORD may be saying, it's not time yet! I know LOTS of people who have had kids after they were 30, (your sister included!) so you still have time! It's not YOUR timing, anyway! And, I know you know that, too! I also know that patience is NOT one of your better virtues! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I was 29, almost 30, when I had Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mom, same ins company just better plan. We changed plans last July so I was thinking the boss would be asking if anyone wants to change anything around the same time this year but now I'm thinking he isn't. But, they didn't ask at the begining of the year so I might still be wrong. Who knows! I'm just doubting everything I say about it now! We haven't asked the boss about it b/c I thot I knew what was going on.
    I'm glad you reminded me that patience isn't my best virtue, I had forgotten! =)
    You know how Brad and I are about our future. We had everything all figured out, and kids being gone in our 40's was a big plus! Now that I think about it, maybe that's another reason Brad is hesitant....

    ReplyDelete