Saturday, July 3, 2010

"treasure every moment"

On our way home from Lancaster yesterday evening, we stopped at LJS in Athens to eat supper. An older couple came in after we were seated, took one look at the kids and said, "treasure every moment because they grow up so fast." I always try to do that but it was nice to hear it again. She went on to tell me that when her son was 3 and they were in California an older lady came up to her and said just that. And she really did take it to heart so now she tries to tell other young couples that same thing. Now her son is graduating (I can't remember if she said high school or college). It was nice and I almost had tears in my eyes. We talked about the sweet giggles and voices of little children and how precious they are. They truely are a gift from God! I love you Hannah and Ryan and I wouldn't trade a single day I share with you for anything else!!

2 comments: