Thursday, August 19, 2010

baby drama

Yesterday evening, right when my dr's office closed, I started spotting blood. Of course, that kind of think never happens first thing in the morning! So I talked to my sister who has been thru many a bad pregnancy situation and got some good advice from her to lay low for the evening and pay attention to cramping or pain. I was reading in my book that many women spot early on in the pregnancy and I, honestly, debated whether I should call the dr this morning or now. I wasn't that concerned. I did decide to call them! They wanted to see me to do an ultrasound this morning and make sure everything was ok.

Here were their findings so far: According to the date of my last period I should be almost 7 wks but the embreo sac they saw on the screen that looked like a big watermelon seed indicated I am only about 4 wks pregnant. They said since I was just coming off my birth control pills, there's no telling what my body was doing and maybe I didn't ovulate when I normally would have or whatever. The watermelon seed was obviously too small to see a heartbeat so they took blood (surprise!) to test my HCG level and progesterone level. I have to go to a hospital on Sat to have blood drawn again to check the same levels. If the levels increase, I'm def pregnant and everything should continue like normal. If the levels are the same or lower than what they were today then the pregnancy isn't viable and we'll be starting over. So there is really no news right now. The dr took my cell phone # so she can call me on Sat and let me know what the second bldwk shows.

I was really looking forward to seeing alittle human on that screen today. If everything turns out ok I'll be having another ultrasound in a few weeks, I bet.

While I was gone Cheryl swept and mopped for me! That was a big help.

Now, my sister in law on Brad's side of the family is in the hospital about to have her baby girl. She went in this morning to be induced this morning and so far everything is going smoothly. We are going to go up there and see them later. They are prediciting Acelynn will be here around 6pm. Brad's mom just called and said she is pushing so it will probably be sooner than 6.
That's enough baby drama for one day!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you Liz! Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying hard for you!!!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete