Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Has it really been.....

six years already?! I can't believe that six years ago I was a whoping 20 yrs old and having my first baby. Part of me thinks that seems like so long ago, while the other part of me remembers it like it was yesterday. God was doing me a favor by giving me that girl. She's so smart, caring, sweet, sensitive and just all around wonderful. She has her moments of sassiness, stubborness, impatience and just plain meanness but what child doesn't? Besides me, anyway!! I think I was a near-perfect child.

The first thing Hannah said to me when she came out of the room this morning was "birthday girl!" So I gave her our gifts to her. I didn't even wrap them. Her favorite is a clip-on radio type thing that sings Camp Rock songs (it's a movie for tweens and teens I guess) and her educational laptop. I did a few things around here then we ate lunch and we went to mamaw's to swim. A tree company was cutting down trees and some limbs out of other trees down by the road so this winter hopefully they won't loose power as much. I think they had just as much fun watching them as swimming! Hannah got another gift from her uncle. Then we came home for supper. Brad's g-ma has her sister in town so her brother and s.i.l were all over there. Hannah went over to see grandma and came back with more money from all them! It all went straight to her piggy bank. Then we ate cake and now the kids are supposed to be sleeping but they aren't yet. I'll be ready soon myself!

1 comment:

  1. I think your "near-perfect" must mean something totally different from MY "near-perfect" definition! :P

    Did Hannah get our birthday card today?

    ReplyDelete