Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's official....

...summer is over. As of tomorrow we will spend the next 9 months waking early, rushing around both in the morning and in the evenings, packing lunches, doing homework, worrying about the well-being of my child, hearing "will you play with me, mom?", and "Can I please ride the bus?" Tonight we didn't get in bed as early as I would have liked, with church and all. Not to mention that I'll be doing this while slowing growing a human, growing a belly, growing swollen body parts, and growing my heart to love someone else. I'm really excited see daily see what the Lord holds for our family.

I was telling Brad's mom that I think Brad is about the only man in the world who doesn't get all crazy when he's having a baby. Seems like lately all the new fathers around are all about it, wanting to hold them constantly, jumping at every noise made, and so on. Brad has never been that way, and it's no different this time around. I know deep down it's in there, somewhere. It just doesn't get out very often. This afternoon, it made a small appearance in the form a prayer. When he prayed before we ate lunch he thanked God for the good news about mommy we got with the second bloodwork. It brought tears to my eyes. It's nice to hear that he cares. Even tho I know he does, it feels good to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Brad. Tim's kind of like that too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you, Liz. You have a lot of amazing things coming in your family. :-) You are blessed and I think you deserve it - you're so awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete