Thursday, August 5, 2010

the simple things....

I have noticed several times this week that Hannah is doing a good job looking after her cousin, Kara. Whenever she is upset or needs something, Hannah always knows what it is and what to do! Just today when I had to get Ryan out of the room during naptime b/c he wouldn't stay in bed, Hannah and her were sitting on the bed talking and Hannah told me she was making sure Kara had her night night because she looked like she was going to cry but that she wanted to stay in bed.

I have to tell you this right now b/c it is happening. It is thundering and Kara just came in the room and told papaw "maybe it is thundering b/c the trees and grass are thirsty." SO cute!

Anyway, Hannah is always making sure she's ok. Even tho her and Kara have been spending time seperate from each other, Hannah is always there when Kara needs her! =)

Ryan and Kara are also doing well together. They are closer in age but a lot of the things he does she says "what is he doing that for?" I must say, I find myself saying the same thing!! I love that boy! It is so cute to hear them talk to each other. At lunch he said, "Kara, you should get some salad, you like salad." She just said, "I don't want salad." And that was that!

So I've really enjoyed watching the kids interact this week. It's been fun so far.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, fun!! I noticed that too - Hannah takes good care of Kara. Kara had a little meltdown one night when I let her stay up too late (my fault!) and Hannah kept jumping right to helping her with every little thing. I would turn around, and Hannah would already have what Kara wanted - she's such a good girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have noticed this, too! And it is so funny to watch Kara and Ryan together. He makes her laugh, but at the same time she wonders why he is doing what he is doing!

    ReplyDelete