Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not as Planned....

The evening didn't end quite the way I would have wanted it to! I'll just start at the beginning. Ryan would not go to sleep during naptime. I didn't really expect him to because we didn't do anything today except the free movie. I went in and spanked him twice. The second time I went in it was cuz I heard banging on the wall. (he was on the floor and the girls were in the bed) He was doing hand stands against the wall! I had to hold back the laughter! I don't know how anyone can't just love boys! Especially my Ryan. He can be a handful and I get mad at him lots but I love him so!! Anyway, Hannah fell asleep but Kara didn't. She was busy wondering if what Ryan was doing was ok. Finally I didn't hear anything for awhile and I thot maybe they all went to sleep. Well, guess what?! I heard talking some time later and walked in and Ryan wasn't even on his bed! He was walking around the room. I think it's funny that whenever I walked into the room and raised my voice at him Kara automatically plugged her ears! He had woke Hannah up so I sent him upstairs to the couch. When I went back into the room Hannah had Kara all taken care of. She told me Kara wanted to stay in bed so Hannah had found her night night for her. I let Hannah get up since she had gone to sleep. Meanwhile, I could hear thunder in the distance. It was getting dark out and knew a storm was coming! a few minutes later Kara was crying and she didn't want to stay in bed so they were all up. But the weird thing is that they were being happier and playing and laughing more than any other day that they had actually taken naps on! So we thought no naps might not be a problem!! The storm got worse, the power flickered on and off several times them the storm passed and the power went off for good right before VBS. It always happens that way! THe kids were all still extremely happy and the power came back on just in time. About half way thru VBS, snack time to be exact, Kara had a melt down cuz she couldn't find mamaw, who was in the kitchen not far from her. That ruined the evening for her. She wouldn't leave mamaw's side after that. Which was fine. Then while we were playing duck, duck, goose a girl ran by the american flag and knocked it over right on top of Ryan and another boys' heads!! SO they were both crying. Ryan's head was bleeding and he has a knot on it now. So we went home and I gave the kids a shower right away cuz they were both crying about who knows what. I knew it was for sure bedtime! Then mom and Kara came over. And guess what?! The power went out again. It was already dark outside so we couldn't see anything. Ryan and Hannah started crying again. Kara just laughed and had a good ol' time! About the time we finally found matches to light the candles the power came back on! Since Jess J and her crew are gone I have the big bed to myself tonight. I asked Ryan if he wanted to sleep with me. I didn't ask Hannah cuz I knew Kara needed her to sleep with her and even I wouldn't want to be left out in the livingroom on the floor by myself. So she was crying cuz she couldn't sleep in the room with us. Kara came up and told her she would be ok. So I put Ryan in my bed and as soon as he knew I wasn't sleeping with him right then, He didn't want to sleep in the bed with me anymore so he went back to the couch by the girls. Finally mom read them a book and it was lights out! I've had enough crying for one day!! Good night!

3 comments:

  1. I could not believe how calm Kara was during the lights out episodes!

    This is for Jessica D.
    Kara would not eat before we went to VBS (go figure :) but she wolfed it down when we got home, even eating in the dark. I also gave her about 10 pretzel sticks and she gulped those down! However, the answer was still NO to the idea of a roast beef sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it was such a bad evening. :-( Yeah, Kara needs a nap every day, although she didn't used to. Maybe the heat makes her tired. Anyway, if she doesn't nap, she needs to be in bed by 7pm sharp, or the meltdowns ensue, and even then she'll wake up around 9 AND 10 crying and only I can calm her. We love naps! :-)

    Sorry she's not eating well, but I'm really not surprised. I hope it isn't stressful for you. She won't starve to death, so I'm not worried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a night!!!!! Hope this evening is better!!!

    ReplyDelete