Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday

This morning we decided to go to the pool. We had conflicting weather reports, some saying no rain and some saying slight chance. We took our chances because it was HOT out there! Finally around noon we were all ready to go! All the kids had a great time and even Sawyer liked the water! The pool we went to had 2 different kiddie pools, one with spouts and one with nothing and a big pool. They changed the rules from last year so all the kids under 4ft tall had to wear a life jacket thing unless they knew how to swim or could pass "the swim test". Hannah is a good swimmer but she didn't want to take the test so the little ones had to wear the life jacket, even Sawyer! We didn't stay in that pool too long. The kids had more fun in the baby pool with the spouts. They didn't have to have life jackets over there. Three hours later we went to DQ and went home for the kids to take naps. All of us ended up taking naps except Michael and mom!! At 6 mom woke me up to start waking the kids up to take baths and eat something. No one was hungry b/c of the ice cream they ate earlier. So we are all just now eating! But it has been a fun day. Everyone is playing well together. Ryan's new thing is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so him and Michael have been playing ninja turtles a lot. Also his new thing is "I bet you can't do this.." So him and Michael have been jumping around! Hannah and Kara colored several times. I brought the bikes and scooters so they spent some time out on them too and swinging. Tomorrow we are going to try to be more on the ball and have more of a schedule so we aren't napping at 4 and rushing around getting ready for VBS. Speaking of that, VBS is going great. All the kids like it, of course. Kara made a new friend tonight, Elise. On the way back over to the house tonight, Kara told me that she hopes Elise is there tomorrow and she likes her so much because she is beautiful and she is fun. Last night, whereever you saw Hannah, there was Kara. But tonight I didn't see Hannah with Kara at all and it was where ever Elise was there was Kara! Soon I'll be laying down the blankets in the livingroom for Hannah, Kara and Ryan to sleep on. I can't decide if I'm gonna sleep in the bed with jess again or go to the couch. We'll see! Oh yeah, and Hannah has 2 other loose teeth!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! What a great report! Thanks for filling me in. I love hearing about how Kara is doing so well and having fun with her cousins. I'm glad you're letting her sleep with Hannah, that's all she wanted out of this trip. ;-) The pool sounds fun too. I'm tempted to ask if Kara is eating enough or sleeping enough, but I know she's in good hands. I can't wait to see some pictures. Did you end up getting a group white and khaki picture??

    ReplyDelete
  2. our main goal for tomorrow is to get the good group pic. We were able to get a couple good ones today at the pool. Kara is not complaining she's hungry so I think she's getting her little belly full! I would tell you what all we have eaten today but it would be a long list and I can't remember most of it! The took a 2 hr nap today also and she's still going strong tonight. As soon as mom reads to them it's bedtime tho.

    ReplyDelete