Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Another day....

...another boo boo. I'll explain that later.

First thing this morning I gave the dogs a bath and then cleaned that bathroom. I also got the kitchen cleaned up (can't tell it now) and did a couple loads of laundry. They are on the bed and still in the dryer. I probably won't get to that until tomorrow. After lunch I was having a hard time getting motivated again so after walking to the mailbox we went over to grandma's for awhile. I got Hannah from school and the kids stayed over at grandma's while I went home to get some more cleaning done. I had just finished sweeping the floors when I heard this horrible screaming over and over again. My first thought was that the kids were back on the trampoline. Sometimes they scream a lot. But I quickly realized that was a serious scream, a scream I'll never forget. I ran outside in time to see Ryan standing at the corner of the house swatting around his head and still screaming. His pants were down. I never really found out why. I immediately ripped his shirt off and ran next door to grandma's cuz I didn't know where Hannah was. She was still in the house. I looked Ryan over and he had been stung on the lip and twice on his head. Grandma cut up a peice of onion and rubbed it all over him. He didn't like it on his lip! Brad's g-ma and I both thought he was with the other person so I spent some time talking to him about always letting us know where he is going and not playing outside without telling us. He seems fine now and the benadryl isn't even phasing him. I gave him a way low dose since it says not to use under 6. Now I'm getting ready to get them in the shower so we can go to church.

5 comments:

  1. Poor thing! Do you know what got him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael says it sounds like hornets and those hurt WAY WORSE than bees!! Poor Ryan. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was those big bees that put holes in wood. Over the weekend Brad was working under the house and there were tons of baby ones flying around back there but we never could find the nest or anything. Brad just killed as many as he could. Ryan told Brad later that he was trying to kill them with a stick before they started stinging him. And he told me "daddy forgot to get those two." Hopefully he learned not to mess with them. But I think he was just trying to be like daddy. He's very lucky he only got stung 3 times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW! Poor baby! Hope he is ok today! Onion, huh? That's a new one on me!

    ReplyDelete