Monday, November 1, 2010

Determined

Is it really November already? It seems like just yesterday we were trick or treating last year, getting ready for the holidays last year. And here we are again. Getting ready to do it again. I've already seen half a dozen black Friday and now pre-black Friday commercials!

Ugghhhh! I hate to feel so annoyed that it is already this time of year again. It has become more of a chore, to me anyway, to get thru the last two months of the year than it should be. This is supposed to be such a fun, joyful, family-filled time. Why do we make it so hard on ourselves? The past few years I feel like I haven't really stood still long enough to enjoy the real reason for the season (Thanksgiving included). There are parties for school, church, ladies group, friends, family and everything else you can think of. Ryan's birthday has to be thrown in there somewhere (a week before Chirstmas, obviously I didn't plan that)! Brad and I's anniversary is the beginning of Dec. We NEVER do anything to celebrate because there is always a party or get together about every weekend in Dec. Don't forget the dr appts for flu shots, yearly check ups, and the winter sicknesses. On top of that I have added dr appts for this baby! Now that my side of the family is all in different states (with the exception of my little brother) there is lots of traveling to be done too!

So I have already determined that this holiday season is going to be different for us. I want to be sure that we focus on the things that are most important. There are going to be lots of things I can't avoid or change but I'm going to take every opportunity I have to do nothing this year!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! Awesome!!
    Christmas is about Jesus being born. About a perfect God sending his perfect Son to this imperfect world who needed Him so much.
    Good for you Liz!! I will be trying hard to do the same thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very easy to forget the real meaning of the season! It is definitely something we all need to work on!

    ReplyDelete