Monday, November 15, 2010

I got this book called The Preschooler's Busy Book which has all kinds of creative activities and things to do with bored, misheivious kids who can't go outside, like my son. I decided today was the day we would spend time doing some of those activites.


We started with the hole puncher. He had fun with that for, oh, 5 minutes. After that he didn't want to do anything else in that book. So we turned to something that always entertains for hours:

Playdoh. We made toast and eggs and a big mess in general. After that, he was all done with any activities. So I gave up and went about getting some of my work done.

He loves helping me with laundry. I always let it fill up with water and then throw him things while he sits on the dryer and puts them in the washer. Then he uses a hanger to push the clothes down into the water. He found his spiderman hat that I had washed previously. By now it was around 10, he was already begging for lunch and I hadn't taken a shower yet so he settled on the couch with a rented Scooby Doo movie while I took a shower. I told him when the little hand on the clock gets back up to the 12, it will be time to eat (11:00).

He wanted to have a picnic outside but I told him that wouldn 't be happening until spring so we settl;ed for a picnic on the livingroom floor.


Then I decided I wanted to run to the store and get the few things I needed for the week, and some things I didn't need. We didn't run all the way to walmart since I only needed a few necessities (milk, bread, cereal, OJ, stuff like that). He always likes the quick trips because he can get his own buggy. He also had to take his teddy that he found at the bottom of the toybox.
By the time we got home, it was time to get Hannah. They painted and played for awhile. I fixed supper while they watches a few cartoons. After we ate it was time to do Hannah's spelling words, shower and read. I read 5 books but we were done by 6:15 so I said they could play for awhile but if they got crazy, I was making them go to bed. Soooo, things started smoothly and then they knocked the hamster's tunnels off his cage, the cage just barely made it, so I made them go to bed.
I'm exhausted. Brad is just now on his way home from work so I'm going to go reheat supper for him.













3 comments:

  1. So cool - I loved seeing the pictures of Ryan throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Love the pics of him doing "his thing"! That is the sweetest pic with his Teddy hanging out there in his jacket. My kids always loved those little buggies at Foodland too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! That was the sweetest picture of all....that cute little teddy's head sticking out of Ryan's jacket! He really is such a sweet, loving little guy!

    ReplyDelete