Friday, November 12, 2010

Week in review

This has been one of the longer weeks I've had lately. Ryan and I spend MUCH of our time at home during the week, only leaving to take and pick Hannah up from school and grocery shop. I try to do all my running on grocery day so I don't have to leave the house everyday. That saves us gas money and money in general cuz I'm not shopping or eating out every day. This week, however, I left the house about every day and had an extra dog around so I have been feeling a bit behind on my normal stuff.

Monday-I had my regular monthly baby appt. My dr is about 45 min away so it's an all morning event when I go to the dr. Everything went great. I had bloodwork done to test for downsyndrome and I think some other things, all of which came back normal. Praise God! I also had to stop at the store to get something for grandma next door. She also had Ryan which makes getting him very easy. =) By the time I got home and got settled, it was time to pick Hannah up from school, do homework and start supper.

Tuesday-Ryan and I went grocery shopping. That also is an all morning event. I have to give Ryan lots of praise in this area because he is such a good boy when I drag him from store to store all morning. And he knows it. He frequently points out the fact that he's being such a good boy and is a good helper while we are grocery shopping. I don't know what changes when we get home, tho. =) Once agian, by the time we got home it was time to get Hannah, do homework and start supper.

Wed-I don't think Ryan and I went anywhere. A couple from church dropped off their little dog for me to petsit until Fri sometime. I tried to spend the day cleaning up our much neglected house. Oh yeah, I do remember playing soccer with Ryan outside, too. Of course, church in the evening. Then ice cream afterwards because Hannah didn't have school on Thur.

Thur- I had a lunch date with a couple of friends. One of which is a week more pregnant than I. So I took the kids to mamaw's before that and then had to go get them afterwards. Then more "trying" to get the house cleaned up.

Friday (today)-Brad was supposed to be off work but he was on call last night and until 8 am. He got called out at 5 this morning so I didn't know when I'd see him again! Ryan and I did our normal take Hannah to school and clean up. By now I have figured out the dog I'm petsitting and can get a few things done. Then Brad came home and started his work outside. We had an ins guy come out today to look at the camper. It was damaged by some big tree limbs during a storm this summer and now the whole floor is rotting out on the inside! We didn't know any damage had been done until much later. I'm praying they will total the camper so we can be done with it. We LOVE camping but the camper has been a lot of trouble for us over the past two years. Anyway, so Ryan hung out with daddy outside or grandma next door most of the morning. Then daddy took him and Hannah out to mamaw's with him while he goes down in the woods to "scope out" a spot near the deer cam where they have been getting pictures of a big buck at 9 or 9:30 every morning . I might also add that Brad hasn't got home from work before the kids went to bed once in the past 2 weeks. They love doing things with daddy, even if it's going down in the woods to look for a spot for him to sit while he hunts tomorrow. Any time they get with him is special. So hopefully the little dog will be going home this evening and we'll get to do something as a family.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week. No one is sick, you have a baby growing in your belly, and the week ended with some kid-daddy time. :-)

    ReplyDelete