Tuesday, December 14, 2010

good day...so far

Today has been one of those days that you wish you had more often!! I got the call last night that there was a 2 hr delay at the school today so I knew in advance that we could sleep in some. I was nervous about how well the kids, and I, were going to sleep since we all took a three hour nap yesterday. After I knew there was a delay I let the kids stay up until daddy got home from work, which was after 8. No one woke me up during the night for any reason so at 7 am when I rolled over and heard Hannah coughing in her room, I was not upset that I was awake at 7 even tho Hannah didn't have to be at school until 9:45. I laid in bed for quite some time thinking that Hannah would be in any minute but she never came in so I got up around 7:45 and went in her room. Ryan slept til alittle after 8. That's unusual for him!

Ryan ended up over at grandma's house close to 11 and I walked around the house wondering what I was going to do. That doesn't happen very often! I had already done tons of laundry the other day, the kitchen was clean, I swept the floors but they weren't bad either so I did some of the chores that I put off like match and fold socks and address christmas cards. Then it was lunchtime and Ryan came back from grandma's. I wandered around the house alittle more until it was time to get Hannah from school and here I am now. I talked myself out of going to the mall with the kids. I think Ryan and I will do that tomorrow, if the weather is fine.

The kids have been painting, riding Ryan's scooter, and they took grandma's mail to her. Now they are playing baby puppy in Hannah's room. They are feeling 100% better from the stomach bug they had over the weekend.

Now the evening activities begin. Hannah has spelling words to practice, it's about time to start supper, then it will be time for the kids to shower, read some books and go to bed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they are feeling so much better so quickly. I sure wish I could bounce back like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your household is back to normal! Hope Hannah's cold is much better, too!

    ReplyDelete