Monday, March 14, 2011

funny things....

I just have a few goofy things to share tonight.

Over the weekend Brad and I went grocery shopping while the kids spent the day at his mom's house. On the way out to the truck we started talking about how old we are. I had told him I knew what I was going to get him for his birthday that is coming up in April and he said something about turning 29. I told him that he wasn't turning 29, he's only turning 28. He argued that he is already 28. We seriously stopped what we were doing and did the math. I was indeed right. I said, "isn't it funny that we already have to stop and count out how old we are?!"

This afternoon I was painting Hannah's fingernails and toenails (a miracle in itself b/c she normally refuses to let me do it) and we were talking about school. I try to casually bring up the subject so she'll tell me everything when she doesn't think I'm mad at her about it or something. One thing she told me is that in her journal today all she wrote was that mommy and daddy love each other. My heart just melted. Not only because of the fact that that is oh so true but because my 6 yr old sees it! I'm not saying we are perfect. She has asked me before why we fight all the time but that was only once and it was awhile ago.

1 comment:

  1. AWWW! I hope that you kids knew "mommy and daddy" love each other, too, when you were growing up!

    ReplyDelete