Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just like grandpa

When my parents moved to North Carolina, almost 3 yrs ago now, I knew a very important part of my kids' childhood was going with them. When we would go to church they would run in yelling, "Papaw!!" There was always lots of hugs and kisses for grandma and grandpa. He always had candy on his desk that Hannah had to have a piece of. Ryan was too young.


It was grandpa who intoduced and dedicated both of them to the church when they were newborns. I'm so sad that I won't have that picture of baby Abigail.

It was grandma who let Hannah come out of the nursery before she was of age and sit in Bible Club with the older kids on Wednesdays.



For months after they were gone, Hannah and Ryan would still run in the church from time to time and look for grandma and grandpa. Ocassionally I still get the question, "why did they move so far away?" It's hard to know exactly what to say to that but there is one thing I know for sure: God has a reason for everything and his ways are perfect!! Even when we don't like what He does or understand it.
This morning Ryan dressed in "full papaw gear" for church. Tie, "papaw shoes", pen and pad in pocket. Grandpa isn't lucky enough to own a Cars notepad and pen, tho.

3 comments:

  1. OK, all I can say is that I'm sobbing here! :(
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Liz. I already told Michael that when my parents retire to Florida I want to go with them!
    The Lord is in control and we will be where He leads us. You're right, His plan is better than ours could be. :-)

    ReplyDelete