Tuesday, March 1, 2011

more conversations with a 4 yr old...

On the way home from taking Hannah to school this morning, the sun was so bright and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, something we haven't seen much of the past few days. Ryan pointed at the sun and said, "look, there's God." I have no idea where he got the idea that the sun is God but he has referenced the sun being God more than once. He would have no part of my explaination that God is not the sun. He asked, "then why is it so bright?"


By lunchtime he had asked me at least a dozen times if he could go outside. It is very beautiful out but still quite chilly. I finally gave in and let him out. I walked down to the mailbox while he was riding his bike. He has a new favorite spot where he likes to ride. The corner where grandma's driveway meets our road gets very muddy and gross. He discovered that last week and after riding his bike through it a million times I made him stop because he was making a big hole and grandma is very peticular about her yard. What's the conversation, you might be thinking....It's coming, give me a minut to describe the situation. =) So today I told him very clearly, again, that if I saw him riding his bike through the now mud hole that he creatd last week, he would be going in. I didn't even mae it back to our yard before I caught him trying to get as close as he could to that hole. His training wheel went thru it so, you guessed it, he had to come with me. Now comes the conversation. While he was taking his shoes off he told me that if I kept yelling at him he was going to run away. I asked him where he would go and who would feed him? He said he'd go to grandma and Max's (that is Brad's mom and her dog). I told him how long of a walk that would be and he quickly forgot about that.

4 comments:

  1. "Then why is it so bright?" Priceless!! He is so cute.

    I love how we're mean because we're disciplining them for being bad. It reminds me of my Bible lesson today about God disciplining us because He loves us. That's when I call God mean and threaten to run away too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he didn't want to walk all the way to his grandma's house. I'm sure you would've missed him :) He sounds like he keeps you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these stories! They bring back so much memories for me. And so many prayers of thanksgiving for surviving our own arrows that kept us always quivering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder where he got that idea? That is something you kids NEVER said! Were you talking behind my back about it? :D

    ReplyDelete