Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Conversations with a 4 yr old...among other things

Today has not been dull, already! Here's a run-down of my morning so far (it's only 8:15am):


  • Abigail didn't wake up until 5:30am to eat after being put in bed around 10:30 last night!

  • Hannah woke up in a better mood than she has all school year! It must mean today is the last day of school!!

  • We heard a loud noise in the playroom and Hannah went to investigate. She found Ryan sitting in the floor after trying to sit in her babydoll chair to eat his cereal.

  • Daddy knocked over Hannah's cup of orange juice right before he was ready to leave for work. It's a good thing every day is laundry day!

And now for a converstaion Ryan and I had on the way home from taking Hannah to school:


Ryan: Why does God want us to die someday?


Me: (after much deliberation) So we can go to Heaven if we love Jesus.


Ryan: I don't want to go to Heaven.


Me: (shocked) Why not?!


Ryan: I like it at home.


Me: (heart melting and smiling big) Well, in Heaven you'll never be sad or hungry or hurt...


Ryan: (interrupting me) I don't want to go, I like it at home.


Have I said that I love that boy?!


1 comment:

  1. awww! The innocence and sweetness of a child who is very secure!

    ReplyDelete