Thursday, July 28, 2011

so proud

Our VBS is coming up next week. Being gone over the weekend is really putting a strain on all the last minute preparations I should be working on (decorating my room, making sure I have everything ready for crafts, studying my lessons, etc). We are headed to NC for one last visit before summer ends and the real world...school...comes knocking. =(

Anyway, I took it upon myself (not patting myself on the back but this is another post in itself) to make some nice flyers to pass around town and hang in area businesses. This evening the two older kids and I walked...I walked, they rode their bikes...around our end of town handing out flyers and inviting people. I was expecting to have to do lots of 'forcing' with the kids. Not only was it like 90* still at 7pm but passing out flyers isn't much fun for anyone. But I am so proud of Hannah and Ryan. They were actually arguing about who was going to go to the next house or talk to the next person. They were so happy to do it and didn't complain once. Hannah even said, "this is more fun than I thought it would be." Ryan was running up to people yelling (not very clearly), "vacation bible school flyer!"

Living in a place like Buffalo also makes this task not so bad. Hannah knew just about every kid we saw from school and all the adults were nice and directed us to houses around them where we would find more kids.

Pray for us as we try to reach our community this up-coming week!

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful! What great kids and what great parents they have! :-)

    ReplyDelete