Thursday, July 21, 2011

I feel like today I have spent too much time cleaning up after the kids!

Abigail woke me up at around 8 this morning, yes, I said 8. That's almost 10 hours of sleep for us! Her diaper was soaked all the way thru and so was her clothes and bed. First load of laundry went in the wash a few minutes later. After I fed her and was burping her, she spit up all over the front of me and rubbed her head in if before I could move her out of the way. I wiped her up and sat her on the couch so I could go do something. When I came back to get her, she had poop coming out every opening in her diaper. Second load of laundry was started here.
After a bath she was ready to go back to bed!

Fast forward to lunchtime...

Ryan dropped his watermelon on the floor. Seeds and juiced went everywhere!! These are the days when I am most thankful for hardwood floors!! I cleaned all that up and went into the other room to fix my lunch. On the way out of the kitchen Ryan walks by me and says, "I need a towel." I already knew what that meant!! I asked him what he spilled and he said nothing. When I went into the other room I found grape juice all over the floor, soaked into a brand new pad of construction paper and a book. Aahhhhh! We don't make it one day around here without cleaning up a mess made by Ryan.

I don't think there was anything else. When Abigail laid down for her next nap I had to fold all that laundry that I washed because of her!

I love staying at home but some days it's just too much! Needless to say, I treated myself to a few oreos and two glasses of mountain dew! I'll let you know what Abigail thinks of that later! {wink}

2 comments:

  1. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Isaiah 40:29

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CRACKED up at your descriptions of Abigail's laundry happenings! Sorry! I can laugh about it all 31 years after the fact! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Motherhood!

    ReplyDelete