Thursday, September 22, 2011

business update

I have decided to try to open up a booth at our local flea market next spring to sell the clothing I am buying off clearance racks now. I have to do more research on the licenses and things needed but so far the flea market website says all I need is a vendors license. I have several reasons for starting at a flea market:

Around here everyone goes to the flea market
I can test the waters
Renting a booth for a weekend is reasonably priced ($50)
It's only on the weekend (I haven't decided it this is good or bad)
I don't have to deal with websites and shipping and stuff like that
I might be able to enlist the help of my husband, either here or at work. =)

I'm really excited about trying this. I went to JC Penney and Khols yesterday and bought 44 items and spent $79. My total savings were like $500 some. I put pics on fb. That is less than $2 per item and I will be able to sell them again for more and still keep the prices considerably cheaper than what anyone would pay full price or even on sale!

Now I just have to find a way to make more money right now so I can buy more clothes!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is an excellent idea! After you do this for a bit and if you decide you want to start a full on business, Michael said he will help get you started. I'm excited for you!
    Girl, you don't need to worry about clipping coupons - you're doing great already!!!
    Let me know if you want me to help at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you CLEAR more than $50 profit on these clothes at the flea market? HMMMM??? If you sold each item for $1 more, that is only $44. If you sell each item for $2 more, that is $88 (obviously, lol!) $38 would be your profit, less your vendor's license..........is this still sounding like a good deal? HMMMMM?? Just thinking out loud..................

    ReplyDelete