Thursday, September 1, 2011

Much to say

Tomorrow is the last day that I will ever have one child in school. Monday is a holiday and then Tuesday is Ryan's first day of preschool. He will have the same teachers that Hannah had, which is good. I'm going to miss my little boy! He keeps me on my toes.



Speaking of the devil, I told Ryan I wanted to wash him off while he was in the shower tonight because he had dirt in the cracks of his neck and armpits. When he took off his shirt I saw a big bruise and scrap on this shoulder. He is always getting banged up but this was a big, fresh place that he hadn't told me about. Upon further inspection I found scrapes on the back of his head and elbow also! Come to find out, he was doing flips on the trampoline (not unusual) and flipped off!! He never came in crying or hurt or holding his head or anything! Before you say anything, we used to have a net arouond the trampoline but it didn't last one season with my kids and I could buy a new trampoline for just about the same price as a net alone. So we've been taking our chances and this is the first injury.

Also, someone out there did their good deed for the day (not that I believe in that or anything). A man pulled in our driveway this afternoon and yelled "Are you Elisabeth?" Of course I said yes! He held up my phone and asked if I was missing anything. I hadn't noticed it gone before then but apparently when I went to get Hannah from school I left it on the truck. He said he saw it in the road down the street, in several pieces, and stopped and got it. He looked thru my contacts and called "dad". My father gave him directions to my house and the man returned my phone to me! It's alittle beat up now but at least I have it! I took that as an opportunity to make sure the kids knew he didn't have to return it but he was nice and made a good decision and so on.

That's all folks!

2 comments:

  1. When you said, "Speaking of the devil...." you had just mentioned a certain little boy that you are gonna miss, so I'm assuming you are referring to him as your little devil? :D Can't believe you would say something like that about that sweet, precious little guy! :D And that stunt on the trampoline is a bit scary! I've seen him do those flips! He doesn't really pay attention to where he is on the trampoline when he flies into one of his flips! You might need to put a stop to that unless at least Hannah is with him! At least she could run and tell you about him bouncing off onto the ground! I couldn't believe dad actually gave that man directions to your house! Even tho it is "only Buffalo" bad things have happened there, too! Anyway, I thank the LORD for watching over you today! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I responded to one of your comments on my blog but, just in case you don't see it, I want to say:

    Do not feel guilty!

    Each family makes their own choices and that's the way it should be. I write about homeschooling because that's what I know and am passionate about, not because I want to make my friends feel bad about themselves.

    ReplyDelete