Tuesday, September 13, 2011

changes



I always said I wanted to do things differently with this child. Not that I did anything bad the first two times. It just seems like a lot of things have changed since I had Hannah and Ryan. The biggest difference was that I would be staying at home this time.



I wanted to use that as an opportunity to do some other things that I hadn't done, long anyway, with the other two. Breastfeeding was high on my list this time. I also did lots of research on the "how, what, when" of feeding a baby.



My plan was not to feed any solids until Abigail was at least six months old. There are lots of reasons for that. Comment me if you want me to expound on all the reasons. And then I didn't want to feed the commercial baby cereal. I had decided to start with avacado.



And then Abigail got to the age where she was watching us eat and showing interest in what we were doing at the table. I started getting the urge to feed her something. It didn't take me long to give in and buy the avacado. She didn't love it the first couple times but now she is an old pro and I have just introduced sweet potatoes. She is still deciding if she likes them.

I have moved on to my next attempt at difference by making as much of her food as I can myself. So far its been pretty easy and I was sticking with it until I happened upon a bunch or green bean baby food for cheap at Big Lots. If you know me, you know I loathe even the smell of green beans so this was actually a blessing to me. I don't have to cook any myself! =)

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I love all the pictures. I can tell Ryan is gone and you have a lot more time on your hands. :-)
    Second of all, I love all the things you're doing with Abigail. I didn't have any issues with the way you raised Hannah and Ryan, but I generally support you and think you're a great mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE the LORD for giving you the opportunity to be with your sweet baby from the get-go! She looks very happy! And so do you, for that matter! I have always thot you are a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete