Thursday, March 22, 2012

Looking back...

I am a total sap when it comes to memories. I am constantly being "taken back" to the old days. Today was no different. We moved Abigail into her own room. She has been in our room since she was born. We only have 3 bedrooms so one of the kids had to loose their room to Abigail. Since Brad finished the bunk beds and Ryan's room is a tad bigger, Hannah moved into Ryan's room this week. Now Abigail and her belongings are in Hannah's room with Hannah's dresser and toy box.
When I looked at the completed "baby" room I was reminded of the first time that room was a baby room. Almost eight years ago. The walls were bright yellow with a care bear border around the top. Brad and I had been married less than two years when we brought home our new bundle of joy. We were young and in love. In love with each other and in love with that little girl, Hannah.
Now, we have a new not-so-little bundle in that room. As Brad and I stood in Abigail's new room, arms around each other, I said, "what do you think of this room being a baby room again?" "Never again" is all I could get out of him. =)
I just can't believe my baby girl is going to be 8 this fall.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...When I was cleaning out the storage back in the fall, I found Kayla's baby bedding. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW! That brot the tears! All of my babies' babies are growing up! :( And I'm missing it all ;(

      Delete