Sunday, March 18, 2012

Planning, planning, planning

Jess D, I know you are hooked after seeing that title! =)

My dear baby, Abigail, is turning one next month!! Her "day" falls the day before mine and Brad's dating anniversary (this year will be 13 years since the day we started dating!!) and two days before Brad's birthday.

I started thinking about her day at least a month ago. I decided to stick with the theme of her room and that of the baby shower....Dr. Seuss! You can never go wrong or be bored with him. So I have a list started on Pinterest and I am going to be writing things down on paper soon and I'll be shopping soon!

I did not have a big shindig for the first two kids. I really want to go all out this time, the last time. I hope I'm not an emotional wreck the whole day!!

I'm trying to focus on one quote of Dr. Seuss' that I love so much:
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

I don't even want to think about my life right now had the dr been right when he told me I would miscarry. Had he not wanted to see me back in 4 days just to check for that tiny heartbeat one more time. I know this is a sensitive subject for some who may read this post. Just know that I am still praying for you and yours as you continue to grieve.

4 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) Can't wait to see Abigail's Seuss-tacular birthday party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is such an amazing quote. You posted that one a long time ago on facebook or maybe here and I have remembered it. I think of it a LOT. At the ages my kids are, there are a lot of things being "over" lately and it makes me sad, but I continue to think on that quote. Thanks for putting it in my head! It's a good reminder. And I can't wait to see the party! Even if I have to see it through pics. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for planning! You are certainly a blessed woman to have 3 wonderful children. :-) I'm so bummed we won't be able to make it to the party, but I can't wait to see pictures - I saw your pinterest posts on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cry every time I read that quote, LOL!

    ReplyDelete