Saturday, April 28, 2012

....

For some reason my mind is racing with things to say tonight! I don't even know where to begin, and that is never a good sign.

I've still been spending a lot of time going through drawers, totes, shelves and any other surface that has too much stuff on or in it. Thankfully, we went through all the totes we already had out in the building and threw a ton of stuff away or consolidated so I have been able to reuse totes instead of buy more. Oddly, I haven't found many items in the house to throw away, just things that we don't use much that can be stored out there for now. Just to give you an idea of what items we have laying around that aren't exactly junk but don't get used often, I'll name a few: Purses and wallets, hunting gear, christmas ornaments, all our bank statements since the. very. first. one, huge containers of crayons, markers and pencils, a lot of CDs full of all my pictues and movies since 2004, games and more games and I don't even remember the rest.

While going thru the totes in the building, I ran across my scrubs. Remember, I gave up my day job as vet assistant 4 years ago now. I have decided it is time to pass them along. That is a big step for me. I never thought there would come a day when I didn't know if I would ever go back to work at a vet. But that day is here.

The bank statements....that very first one from Jan 2003 (we were married Dec 2002). It was a whole two pages long! The first one about half full of atm/debit card transactions and the other half full of pictures of the checks we wrote that month. I don't think there has been a two page statement since then!

In other news, Hannah and Ryan are learning how to vacuum this week. The rug in the livingroom is the only thing that gets vacuumed regularly. Even tho the kids clean their rooms weekly, it is usually trashed again before I can get a vacuum back there to sweep. So they have it pretty easy. I can still remember the time I swept up the cord to mom's brand new vacuum cleaner. I must have been traumatized by that because I kept saying, "watch the cord!"

I think Abigail is getting another tooth. She has been crankier than normal and just different all the way around. Normally the girl will eat anything I put in front of her. This week, she has been spitting out everything! She has been fighting naps big time. Today she didn't even take one. I think that is the very first time she hasn't taken a nap. She was in bed around 6:30, tho.

We finally bought a swing set today. Brad's gma bought Abigail a baby swing for her birthday bc we had been talking about getting a swing set and we finally did it. The trampoline is coming down for awhile.

We have one more month of school left. Normally the business of summer doesn't start until after school but I have several trips planned for this month. The girls and I are meeting my sister in law and neice, Kara, in Morgantown (that's half way between our house and theirs in MD) for a weekend together. We haven't seen each other since Christmas! Then we will be making a trip down to NC to see my parents. Fun, fun!

Well, I guess I have typed everything my mind wanted me to bc I can't think of anything else!

3 comments:

  1. I love the updates! What a big deal that you're passing on the scrubs. I know it meant a lot to you and it was always in the back of your mind. The Lord must have been the one changing your mind.
    I can't wait to see you in a few days! Kara has been counting down already and making lists of what she wants to do when we see you. I can't image where she gets that from... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny that you mention you bought a swingset. I remember buying our first swingset. It was a birthday present one year for Alex and Kayla. Maybe he was 4 and she was 1. The reason I say it's funny that you mention it is BECAUSE we no longer have a swingset or a sandbox or a trampoline or ANYTHING!! I was outside this evening and Tim said we should get a fire pit this summer. LOVE the idea. We're also getting my parents hot tub. They don't want it anymore. So I guess I will have "big kid toys" in my backyard now!! Gonna be fun, but kinda sad too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha! So you were the one who chewed up my sweeper cord! If I knew, I had forgotten, which is not unusual! I forget lots of things!

    If I were you, I would NOT store the CDs of your pictures out in the building! The heat will NOT be good for them! You have NOT given me any pictures in a looooooooooooooong time! I think you need to bring all of them to me so I can make copies! :D

    Sounds like you and Brad are still planning to come on May 11th?

    Love you! Hope you and Jessica and the girls have a great time!

    ReplyDelete