Saturday, April 7, 2012

overflowing

My family and I, along with a few other church members, went to see an awesome play put on by a big baptist church not far from us portraying the life of Jesus and His death, burial, ressurection and ascension. I wish I had been able to get better pictures (some are on FB) to put on here.

Do you ever have those moments when you are just so overjoyed that you don't know what to do? When I am like that I cry. That is how I am feeling tonight after that play. I just can't wrap my head around everything He did and how great my life is because of Him. Even on my darkest days, my life is amazing. I can't imagine not having to face this world without Him. With the joy that I am feeling for myself also comes the heartbreak for my lost family members and friends. They don't see it and I can't believe they are missing out on this feeling.

At one point when they were going from scene of Mary holding Jesus' bloody clothes after being brutaly beaten to the scene of young Mary holding her baby boy, they were playing the song Mary Did You Know. I only hear it around Christmas time. Since having kids that has become one of my favorite songs.

Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.

Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.

The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.

Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you are holding is the great I AM.

We all know we think our kids are the best and we love them more than anything but imagine...."When you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God." Imagine...."This child that you delivered will soon deliever you." What if your child really was the Best, The One, the Creator, God, Redeemer, Savior, Friend. I could go on.

Right now I am feeling blessed and thankful!

WOW!


Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/mark-lowry-lyrics-mary-did-you-know-hc1xwsv#ixzz1rPTpxROx
LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community

2 comments: