Wednesday, July 11, 2012

a new favorite

I know that I will never know everything there is to know about God and the Bible. That's a given. There will always be that verse that I miss. But don't you just love when you hear a verse that is just so wonderful and touches your heart so close and you think, "I've never heard that before!"

Here's one that I heard on Sunday night at church: Isaiah 40:12, "Who has measured the waters[c] in the hollow of His hand, Measured heaven with a span, And calculated the dust of the earth in a measure? Weighed the mountains in scales And the hills in a balance?"

Can you imagine being big enough to hold all the earth's waters in the palm of your hand? Or being able to weigh the mountains in a scale? Wow! My God is big enough to do that! Is yours?



1 comment: