Monday, July 16, 2012

plans

We all have plans. Plans are necessary in some cases; your child' future, vacations, retirement, etc. But, ultimately, I think everyone who reads my blog will agree with me when I say that our plans change and God has the final say-so no matter what we plan. Agreed? That being said, Im sure you all know of our "plan" to sell our house and move to the country. I know, we live in the country already but we want MORE country!! Anyway, we were doing really well for awhile, getting clutter packed up and painting and talking about all the things that need done before we can even put the house for sale. Not long after that progress.halted with school being out and brad being too busy to do much of the work. Not to mention I can't.keep our house clean long enough to let anyone in here!! We just don't feel like now is the right time for us to move. I think God wants us here for a reason. We are surrounded by kids who are all Hannah's age and younger. Several of them went to vbs with us. We are the only Christian influence they have. I really feel like it is up to us to make a difference in their lives. All this being said, we are now thinking of renovating our kitchen/diningroom area. Not only will it help us sell when that times comes but it will be nice to have a kitchen that holds more than one person comfortably.
I hope it didn't sound like I was bragging when I was talking about the neighbor kids. I only want God to have the glory but I think he wants to use us for now. That feels good! Not to mention my daughter has a major crush on one of the boys and so I am going to take him to church every chance I get!!

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny we're in opposite places right now. We were thinking of renovating, which has now turned into a move. I am glad we're both open to what the Lord has for us - He's our ultimate authority! :-)
    I can't wait to see what you have planned for the big renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have a very hard time functioning in your kitchen! I totally think you'll LOVE having a bigger one! And about the kids around you? I had that opportunity when my kids were younger too. I'm so happy to have been able to be a small part in their spiritual life. Two of them are saved now. And like you, I'm not bragging, but I think the Lord led me to take them to church and give them that opportunity. They're family attends church regularly and the mother has thanked me for what I did. I CRIED!!!

    ReplyDelete