Wednesday, December 26, 2012

lazy days

I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone! Lots of prep for half an hour of priceless smiles and excited faces. It really is worth it!

But what I love most is all the Christmas music reminding me of our Savior's birth. I get so emotional, now that I have my own kids, thinking about Mary raising Jesus. Can you imagine? I can't. That is why "Mary Did You Know" is my favorite song. Where would we be if it weren't for that perfect gift?

We celebrated with Brad's family on Saturday so our Christmas started a few days before most people. After that I was itching to let the kids open their presents from us so I could get the tree down and out. FInally Christmas Eve was here and we opened gifts because we decided to go to Columbus on Christmas day since my parents were going to be up there spending the day with my sister and her family. Of course we missed the other half of the family but we had a great time anyway. So my tree is down and sitting on the back porch. I had hoped birds would find it and give Abigail and I something to watch all winter but it is so dry and dead that most of the pine needles fell off between the livingroom and back down. Huge mess!!

Hannah and Ryan and cousin Michael went back to NC with their grandparents. Abigail is still alittle too needy to go but I can't wait until I can send her too! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but a few days without them only makes me love them more! I am hoping to get in a date with my husband, a day of shopping for myself all by myself and lots of down time on the couch.(this is Christmas BREAK after all) Stay tuned to see if those things actually happen.

So far, it seems that lots of family and friends in the neighboring states are getting lots of beautiful snow (be safe everyone!). All we are getting is rain. I haven't decided which I would rather have but since I'm not going anywhere today...I'll take anything. Tomorrow and Friday, and Sunday when I am traveling to get the kids, I want bright sunshine! Please and Thanks. =)

For now, I'm going to keep the couch nice and warm while Abigail naps.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year! :)

    We are getting the snow and it is beautiful! I'm getting ready now to curl up with a good book and a warm blanket. I've got a lot of resting to do to make up for the last few CRAZY weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought of you guys when snow was on the forecast. Happy New Year to you and the whole family. I think if is going to be a good one with the new additions! :)

    ReplyDelete