Friday, February 22, 2013

change of plans

Most of you know by now that we had a stomach bug make a run thru our house. It started with me on Wed afternoon. (What happened to the days that my stomach was affected by nothing?!) I cancelled bible club and laid in bed until Brad got home at almost 6pm. Hannah was amazing at taking care of Abigail, who has not been on her best behavior as of late, and feeding the dogs and taking them outside. I only threw up a handful of times and was feeling well enough to eat some ice chips by the late evening.
I guess Hannah went to bed with a trash can beside her bc her stomach was feeling sick. I was asleep so I didn't know. Come 2:30, she was barfing and within an hour, so was Ryan.
The difference between the two is that Hannah never goes a winter without getting at least one stomach bug. When she was 4 and went off to preschool, she had probably 4 or 5 and spent the night in the hospital one of those times. By now she is pro. She can read her body very well, wakes up and makes it to the bathroom if needed. But, the down side is that they hit her a lot harder than they do most people, which is why she ended up in the hospital once. It takes her a long time to be able to hold food down. She is doing better today. She has eaten some crackers and has gotten off the couch a few times.
Ryan, my sweet boy, is a typical male. He cried like a baby and sat in the bathroom for hours because he didn't feel good. He took at least 4 showers yesterday bc they made him feel better and threw a major fit (like I haven't seen from him since he was a toddler) when I wouldn't let him back in the shower at 7pm. He has probably only had 3 or 4 stomach bugs in his life. Until yesterday, he never made it to the bathroom. But the good part is by today, he was his old self and has been begging to eat all day. He actually bounced back quicker than I thought or I would have sent him to school.
Soooo, tonight is soccer practice, followed by pictures and a game tomorrow. I keep reminding him that he isn't quitting so not to start crying and want to come sit with us like last week. He needs to ask if he has a question or doesn't understand what he is supposed to do.
We also made reservations for a week of camping in Gatlinburg, TN during spring break. Can't wait! I just hope it is dramatically warmer and dry. That's not asking for too much, right?!
Also, church VBS planning has already started. We usually start way later than we should so this year I got the ball rolling early. I'm glad. We have a lot of great ideas. What did we ever do without pinterest?!

No comments:

Post a Comment