Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cooking with Liz

I saw a similar recipe to what I am about to show you on Pinterest but I made my own version and loved it! Perfect country cooking, if you ask me!

The best part: only 3 ingredients for the crock pot!


I didn't measure the chicken broth because I was just finishing the container. Use your judgement. How thick you want the gravy to be will play a part in how much liquid you put in. And don't forget to take into account that the frozen chicken will add liquid as well.


Cook on high for 4 hours or so, or low for longer.
When it gets close to being done, start your potatoes and shred the chicken while in the crock pot.

And here is the finished product! THis happens to be Ryan's plate. He prefers less meat.


And here is Abigail's bowl. I smashed her carrots up in her potatoes because she can't pick them out as well. But she hates mashed potatoes anyway so I shove her bread in it so she has to eat some of it. =) My bowl looked similar to hers because it is hard for me to eat carrots alone.


It was so tasty, I wish I had more for dinner tonight, but I don't because I finished if off for lunch!

1 comment: