Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Discouraged

This is an update in which I have nothing really to update you about!

Our house has been on the market with a realtor for a week now. We haven't had any bites yet. I know a week isn't long but I am already discouraged. I just don't see why everyone doesn't love our house as much as I do!

I am also discouraged about our house hunting in NC. I'm trying to apply the same logic I have with selling our house but it isn't working! When selling I find myself saying, "You won't find a house as nice as ours for the price we are willing to sell it for and no house will be perfect." When looking to buy I find myself saying, "I don't want to settle or have to pick and chose (4 bedrooms or acreage). I want one house to have it all!"

Thus the discouragement. I guess having 4 bedrooms is more important than having a large yard or even acres of land. But I keep going back to our "dream" of growing old in the next house we buy. Sitting on the front porch in our rocking chairs when we are old and grey, looking into the woods and just being quiet. Holding hands. Smiling at each other. Talking about the good ol' days.

Besides that, let's be real here. We have 3 vehicles (one of which is a very loud diesel truck) and a camper. Not to mention 2 dogs who like to bark and escape and 3 kids who have lots of bikes, scooters and such. We need somewhere to put all our stuff! I don't think many people would want neighbors like us! And we refuse to live anywhere the HOA is involved. They wouldn't like us either!

But none of that matters until we sell our house! I'm trying to just trust God and let him take care of everything and just sit back and wait. That is very hard to do. I know he already has it figured out. I just wish he would tell us his plans. We still aren't even sure He wants us moving to NC!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, it's a long, grueling process. I know it feels a lot longer than a week, but I thought the realtor said it would take an average of 4 months?
    I know it's hard. I'm sorry.
    Maybe you can get the 4 bedroom house now and move again later when you're empty nesters and get the smaller house with the porch?
    God will make it obvious which house He has for you. I'm sorry, I know you know that, but it's true.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never was very good at waiting, either! Wish I could wave a magic wand and you are here and the house is sold!

    ReplyDelete