Saturday, December 21, 2013

I think I see a light!

THings continue to move, ever so slowly, along with the house saga. I might actually see a light at the end of the tunnel!

The buyers were not very happy when we requested more time in the house to finish a couple projects. But they agreed we could stay until Jan 10. That is the day we board the cruise ship in SC so we will actually have to hand over the keys the day before. Closing is going to be around Jan 7.

So now I have to pack things for 3 separate locations: things that can go to storage that we won't need until we move for good, things that we will only need for our cruise (summer clothes), and things that we will need in the next few months while we are next door.

You read that right...next door. We still do not have a home or anything picked out in NC. We are going to be staying with Brad's gma for awhile...awkward!! But we don't have much of a choice.

Right now she is rather excited, or appears to be, anyway. SHe has already empties drawers in our rooms, made the beds and is cleaning out the garage where the dogs will have to stay. We will see how excited she is after the 5 of us have been in her house for a few months!!

I might have said this in my lsat post but I can't remember. We have pretty much decided we want to buy a piece of property and put a modular on it. That is the only way to get what we want (a house that doesn't need a lot of work and woods). We found a piece of property with almost 4 acres that allows for modulars that we like from the internet but being so far away means we can't just go look at it after dinner one night. So pray if it is God's will, the property will still be available next weekend when we are in NC and we can fit in time to see it.

Right now I'm not feeling as emotional about this house as I will be when it is empty and we are leaving it for the last time. Eleven years is along time to spend in one house. All 3 of the kids had all their milestones in this house. It has been an amazing place for us. I will miss it. Reading a friends' blog just a few minutes ago reminded me of the things yet to come. We are getting ready to start a new, wonderful chapter and instead of focusing on the memories I feel like I am leaving behind, I can focus on the ones yet to be made! And even more importantly, the God is gracious enough to provide for us and let us live each day so we can make those memories together.

1 comment:

  1. No matter where you are, God is there and the memories will be made!

    ReplyDelete