Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another day done







Well, another day is over....I can't help asking myself if I did my best for the Lord today. I'm sad to say that I haven't. I never will. This blog helps me reflect on my actions for the day. Not only as a Christian, but as a mother, wife, friend, and all the other roles I play in a day. I need work in a lot of areas....I will have to work on it. Anyways, I am going to try not to write as much as the last time! Brad got called out a little while ago. He will probably get home about the time I am falling asleep! We had a good evening yesterday. Brad's mom kept the kids overnight so we went out to eat and saw a movie then went to walmart. It was nice just to be alone. No kids, no bags, no 10 minutes out in the cold buckling and unbuckling! (That's not to say I don't enjoy all those things!) Hannah got a certificate and a $2 bill for perfect attendance at school. She was so proud! She thinks she will be able to buy a lot with that $2!! Well, Ryan is yelling for me so I better go now. He has not been falling asleep very easily these days. Don't know what is going on there but.....I almost forgot about the picture of the day....I think I will post some of my dog Patches. I didn't actually take this picture today. I was working on my photography skills the other day and Patches just set herself up! I didn't ask her to sit or stay or anything. She did it all on her own. They love to lay anywhere the sun is coming thru the windows. I would love to take pictures and make money from it! I have gotten comments that I take good pics before so maybe I'll think more about it.... Sometimes I get so absorbed in the daily tasks of life that I forget about our pets. I feel sorry for them some days. All they want is to be part of the family. I get annoyed with them very easily these days. It is easy to do when you have 2 other kids to take care of. But I do love them. Okay, I am done talking about them now! Okay, so I decided to add a pic of Sammy too. I couldn't leave her out! She is the one who is standing.

4 comments:

  1. Those pics are AWESOME! I'd love to be able to take pics like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, these pictures are REALLY good! I liked reading this blog, too! As long as we are in this earthly tabernacle, we are gonna have problems not living up to what God would want from us! Just being aware of the problem is half the battle! I love that you are sensitive to wanting to live a godly life as a wife and mother! Guess dad and I did something right, thanks be to God! I love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog - I feel more connected to you when I'm so far away.
    I know what you mean. Every single night I reflect on the day and promise myself and God that I will try harder the next day. I agree with your mom - I believe he honors the fact that we want to be better for him and that we try very hard.
    I love you, dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of your dog! I think our blogs look very very similar. =)

    ReplyDelete